JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus 2021September 8, 2021 2021-09-26 19:30
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus 2021
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus 2021
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus along with Course Objectives and Course outcome and list of text book and reference books is mentioned in this blog. The subject of Basic Electrical Engineering has 5 units in total. Topic and sub-topics of Applied Physics mentioned below in detail. If you have any problem in understanding Applied Physics or any other Engineering Subject in any semester or in any year then you can view the video lectures on the official CynoHub app.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Unit - 1:
Introduction to quantum physics, Black body radiation, Planck’s law, Photoelectric effect, Compton effect, de-Broglie’s hypothesis, Wave-particle duality, Davisson and Germer experiment, Heisenberg’s Uncertainty principle, Born’s interpretation of the wave function, Schrodinger’s time independent wave equation, Particle in one dimensional box.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Unit - 2:
Intrinsic and Extrinsic semiconductors, Dependence of Fermi level on carrier-concentration and temperature, Carrier generation and recombination, Carrier transport: diffusion and drift, Hall effect, p-n junction diode, Zener diode and their V-I Characteristics, Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT): Construction, Principle of operation.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Unit - 3:
Radiative and non-radiative recombination mechanisms in semiconductors, LED and semiconductor lasers: Device structure, Materials, Characteristics and figures of merit, Semiconductor photodetectors: Solar cell, PIN and Avalanche and their structure, Materials, working principle and Characteristics.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Unit - 4:
Lasers and Fibre Optics
Lasers: Introduction to interaction of radiation with matter, Coherence, Principle and working of Laser, Population inversion, Pumping, Types of Lasers: Ruby laser, Carbon dioxide (CO2) laser, He-Ne laser, Applications of laser. Fibre Optics: Introduction, Optical fibre as a dielectric wave guide, Total internal reflection, Acceptance angle, Acceptance cone and Numerical aperture, Step and Graded index fibres, Losses associated with optical fibres, Applications of optical fibres.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Unit - 5:
Electromagnetism and Magnetic Properties of Materials
Laws of electrostatics, Electric current and the continuity equation, Ampere’s and Faraday’s laws, Maxwell’s equations, Polarisation, Permittivity and Dielectric constant, Internal fields in a solid, Clausius-Mossotti equation, Ferroelectrics and Piezoelectrics. Magnetisation, permeability and susceptibility, Classification of magnetic materials, Ferromagnetism and ferromagnetic domains, Hysteresis, Applications of magnetic materials.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Course Objectives :
- To understand the elastic behavior of materials.
- To understand basic principles of acoustics and architecture of buildings.
- To study production and applications of ultrasonics.
- To understand magnetic, dielectric and superconducting properties.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Course Outcomes:
- The student would be able to learn the fundamental concepts on Quantum behaviour of matter in its micro state.
- The knowledge of fundamentals of Semiconductor physics, Optoelectronics, Lasers and fibre optics enable the students to apply to various systems like communications, solar cell, photo cells and so on.
- Design, characterization and study of properties of material help the students to prepare new materials for various engineering applications.
- The course also helps the students to be exposed to the phenomena of electromagnetism and also to have exposure on magnetic materials and dielectric materials.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus Reference Books:
- Solid State Physics, A. J. Dekkar, MacMillan publishers
- Fundamentals of Physics, Alan Giambattisa, BM Richardson and Robert C Richardson, Tata McGraw hill Publishers
- Fundamentals of Acoustics, Kinster and Frey, John Wiley and Sons.
- Solid state physics, Charles Kittel, Wiley student edition University Physics, Francis W. Sears, Hugh D. Young, Marle Zeemansky and Roger A Freedman, Pearson Education.
- Introduction to Magnetic Materials, B.D. Cullity, C.D.Graham, A John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Publication.
- Elastic and Inelastic Stress Analysis, Irving H. Shames, Francis A. Cozzarelli, Taylor, & Francis Group.
Scoring Marks in JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus
It is difficult for students to score good marks in Applied Physics but CynoHub is here to help. The video below will not only help you to score good marks but it will also help you to score rank 1 in B.tech.
JNTUH B.tech R18 Applied Physics Syllabus was made clear in this article. To know about the syllabus of other Engineering Subjects of JNTUH check out the official CynoHub application.